- Home »
- Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
The following are our most frequently asked questions. Click on the question to reveal the answer.
- What is SecurePay?
- SecurePay is an online credit card gateway. We provide multiple ways for merchants to interface with their processor including an online Virtual Terminal, the EasyShop shopping cart, and APIs (Application Programmable Interfaces) which allow web developers to write their own interface to SecurePay.
- What is a credit card gateway?
- Just like a gateway in a fence is the entrance to a garden, a credit card gateway is an entrance to your processor. We provide you with a means to communicate online with your credit card processor. A gateway is the equivalent to the hardware terminal you would find in your local grocery store.
- What is a processor?
- A processor is the part of your account that actually determines if a credit card is approved or declined. Once approved your processor automatically batches out all credit card transactions each night; this sends the money from the cardholder’s bank to yours.